The Audix Micro-D is a miniature condenser microphone system with a modular capsule design. A choice of hyper-cardioid (included) or cardioid capsules deliver the sensitivity and frequency response ideal for instrument and vocal capturing. The condenser element is highly sensitive and the standard hyper-cardioid capsule provides maximum noise rejection at the off-axis sections of the microphone.
A frequency response of 40Hz to 20kHz delivers smooth uniform signal reproduction, no matter the signal source. The Micro-D features a lightweight, miniature design for easy microphone placement and unobtrusive profile, and is capable of handling sound pressure levels of up to 140dB. This enables transients (peaks) to be reproduced without noise caused by distortion. The output section features low noise circuitry and balanced, gold-plated XLR output, enabling long cable runs. The microphone is powered via external phantom power supply source (included).
- Modular Capsule System
- The Audix Micro-D features a modular capsule system. The microphone includes a hyper-cardioid capsule, an optional cardioid capsule is available.
- Unobtrusive Miniature Design
- The Micro-D features a sub-miniature capsule, measuring just 12mm in diameter. The low-profile design allows easy microphone placement and positioning.
- Wide Frequency Response
- The smooth linear frequency response of 40Hz to 20kHz results in accurate sound reproduction no matter the source.
- High SPL Response
- The Micro-D features an SPL rating of 140dB. Transient peaks are reproduced without noise and distortion.