The Vocal Planet five CD-ROM, Roland format sample library set presents a universe of exotic vocal sounds designed specifically for the creative producer and composer. The series features both multi-samples and phrases, and includes over 12,000 samples of authentic male and female singers, presented in different keys and recorded dry for maximum flexibility. The library is organized around five categories that include gospel, jazz/blues, world, R&B/dance and vocal FX. Each category includes a comprehensive selection of the various component vocal styles.
A key feature included with the Vocal Planet CD-ROM is a Mac/Windows Data CD containing the Soundfinder system. This software allows for quickly finding the right phrase amongst the more than eight hours of audio material presented, while an extensive Groove Control section allows for independently changing the tempo, feel and key of more than 175 human percussion loops, right from a sequencer. A bonus Rebirth mod is also included.
- Black Gospel Choir multisamples, shouts, hums, praises and phrases, Urban Youth Choir, claps, snaps and stomping samples. and loops, Worship ambiences, children's choir and male and female soloists
- Jazz vocal ensembles (a-la Take-6) multi-sampled doos, dahs, bahs, accents, sfz, bends and male and female FX. Scat singers, bass vocal phrases and multisamples and jazz vocal chords with intelligent voice leading
- Drones of the Tuvan throat singers, Colombian, Peruvian, Brazilian and Mariachi yelps, Native American chants, Rastafarian toasting, Indian vocalizing, ethereal phrases, ancient sacred singing, Serbian and Middle Eastern wailing, Nordic folklore, Falsetto tenor melismas, Black Sea, Balkan, new Zulu chants, Bavarian and Country Yodelers, Saharan, Macedonian, Qawalli, Himalayan, Gaelic and Celtic folk songs and mouth music
- Multisampled background licks available in Chromazones, soulful R&B phrases from top LA singers, Doo-Woppers, Hip-hop and DJ boasts, dance hooks and shouts, "street corner" acappella groups and hundreds of human percussion grooves
- Vocal FX
- Wild mouth noises, Rock 'N Roll screamers, hambone loops, breathing, chaotic utterances, strange vowel drones, sfx, animalistic noises, thousands of vocal percussion samples, processed vocals, yells and much more