Symphony of Voices from Spectrasonics and distributed by Ilio is a four CD-ROM set featuring the eighty voice London Chorale, Classical Soloists, Choir FX, Boys Choir, Gregorian Choir, Pop Stacks and more.
Produced by Eric Persing, the library includes a breathtaking variety of multi-samples, phrases and special vocal FX from some of the world's most prestigious singers and is an invaluable tool for the serious composer or producer.
This library has been compiled to work with Akai hardware samplers and any other hardware or software samplers that conform to the Akai format.
Disc 1 - London Chorale
- Devoted entirely to beautifully rendered samples of the eighty-voice London Chorale and recorded in a large cathedral in England. The samples are presented without heavy vibrato, making them much more playable and useful in a wide variety of musical contexts
- Performance variations include multiple dynamics of multi-sampled ahs, oos, ohs, ees, humming, intense staccato stabs, natural crescendo/decrescendo swells, octaves, moving vowels, vibrato versions and even whistling
Disc 2 - Classical Soloists
- Includes a wide variety of license-free operatic tenor and soprano phrases, both with and without words, in addition to natural multi-samples of each singer
- Choir FX samples, major, minor and suspended chords with high and low chord voicing, thick clusters, twelve-tone and Ligeti-like FX whispering, murmuring, accents, falls, avante garde glides, vertigo FX, swoops, chattering, guttural groans, shouts, ethereal phrases and more
Disc 3 - Boys Choir and Gregorian Mens Choir
- The Boys Choir features multi-sampled Latin phrases in addition to soft and loud, multi-sampled static vowels (oos, ahs, ees, mms) and moving vowels (oh-eh-ah and ah-eh-ee-oo). Solo Boy phrases and multi-samples are also available
- The Gregorian Mens Choir is provided with multi-sampled soft and loud ohs, mms, fifth drones, intervals (half and whole step up/down,) multi-sampled Latin words and ancient Gregorian Chants
Disc 4 - Pop Stacks
- Over 10,000 perfect vocal performances were utilized in creating these lush, multi-tracked pop stacks, perfect for enhancing Pop, R n'B and New Age music tracks
- A comprehensive collection of multi-sampled vowels including oos, ahs, ehs, ees, ohs, mms, vvs and zzs, moving vowels, washes and "scooped" notes