The ST-VP2 Automatic Ducking Module from RDL is a device designed to cut out music when a page is played over your audio system and automatically fade the music back into play when the page is finished. Use of the unit requires a line-level music source from a receiver, satellite decoder, tape, or CD source. The line-level voice source may be provided from a telephone paging system at line level or from a microphone that has been preamplifed to line level.
LEDs facilitate setup of the unit and also provide visual cues related to the correct operating levels of each of the (2) inputs. The music input includes an AGC compressor that maintains a consistent level of audio from varying music sources. This design feature ensures that the volume level does not change randomly and that voice-overs are not masked during paging.
- Music & Paging Management
- Use this module to manage a music feed and automatically fade in and out when a voice-over is played over your paging system.
- Audio & Voice Sources
- Use almost any line-level audio source for music and a line-level voice source to configure this unit for music and paging.
- LEDs on this unit facilitate its setup and management by providing a visual indicator of line status.
- Consistent Audio Levels
- A special compressor on the module maintains a consistent level of volume with audio despite changes in the audio source.