Eventide "Harmonizer" effects processors have always been considered "classics" by musicians and the professional audio community. The DSP4000B+ is a single-processor, programmable, multipurpose, 24-bit/96kHz digital audio signal processors with UltraShifter capability that is targeted squarely at the broadcast and post communities. The unit is based on the DSP7000 but contains a unique set of software programs created especially for radio, TV and postproduction by sound designer Jay Rose.
Effects that would be impossible with most processors are instantly available with the DSP4000B+ series. For instance, the sound of an airplane captain speaking from the cockpit, or the kid at the drive-thru window at a fast-food place. Or the sound of a TV coming from the next room, or a cellular phone. There are dozens of audio environments to choose from. Fantasy voices are just as easy. Is that your conscience talking back to you? Or your fairy godmother? Or you worst nightmare? Also sound effects and audio backgrounds are built right in including rain and thunder, the seashore, wind, a jet flying by.
Standard effects programs are also included that span the gamut of audio processing, from lush reverbs, to choruses, flangers, delays, pitch shifters, to dynamics, EQs, filters, distortions, to synthesizers, ring modulators and everything in-between. Using the DSP4000B+'s "Algorithm Construction Kit," the user can select and link together the various effects module building blocks with a virtually endless array of combinations and configurations from which to choose. For instance, one could place a pitch shift module after a reverb, or string together effects and put EQ on only the ones wanted - the user decides which modules talk to which.
For some people, UltraShifter, a very natural sounding vocal pitch shifter, is reason enough to own a DSP4000B+. The auto pitch correction preset can turn a near-great performance with some off notes, into a great performance. Most frequency and time-dependent parameters (delays, LFOs etc.) synchronize to a system tempo for ease of use. Aside from the sonic integrity, the unit provides a wide variety of input/outputs that included balanced and unbalanced analog connectors, AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O, WordClock I/O, full MIDI, two pedal inputs, two relay and a serial connector.
- Awesome and large collection of effects, designed for use in TV, broadcast and post production situations
- User can select and link together the various effects module building blocks with a virtually endless array of combinations
- Provides the industry standard pitch shifting algorithms for pitch correction, vocal harmony stacking or for post production sound design
- Frequency and time-dependent parameters synchronize to a system tempo
- Comprehensive selection of Inputs/Outputs
- Front panel numerical key-pad
- RS232 interface for connecting the DSP7000 to a computer
- Two relays can be controlled from suitable programs, allowing the unit to drive real-world equipment and can switch up to 1.0A at 30V dc