Eventide's Reverb 2016 recreates the legendary reverb algorithms of Eventide's SP2016 - Stereo Room, Room Reverb and High Density Plate. Every aspect of the original effects has been duplicated including every detail of the user parameters. While the algorithms are identical to the originals, the hardware implementation is state-of-the-art, with features that include a high performance 24-bit DSP, 24-bit analog audio I/O, digital I/O and MIDI interface.
The Reverb 2016 is built to provide reverb - it is not a multi-effects box. It was designed from the perspective that reverb is used nearly always and warrants a dedicated box with an optimal user interface. The unit's user interface is extremely easy-to-use, unbelievably cool and features dedicated controls for each of the effect's parameters. The controls and display are intuitive. The panel controls are optimized for the studio and for live performance. Up to 99 user presets can be stored.
While the Reverb 2016 recreates the original reverbs, it also features enhanced versions of the originals. These "enhanced" reverbs are not a breakthrough as they have the same basic structure of the originals but with more complex early reflections, higher density and finer control of the parameters. These enhanced reverbs represent the natural evolution of the development work that maxed out the array processing power of the original unit.
- Recreates three original SP2016 reverb effects - Stereo Room, Room Reverb and High Density Plate
- Six reverb effects and a dedicated user interface
- Three enhanced versions of the originals
- Fast top level user interface (one knob - one job) optimized for studio and live performance
- Stores up to 99 user defined presets
- Digital input/output (S/PDIF)
- Input kill switch and relay bypass switch
- Dual function footswitch input
- Universal internal power supply works anywhere