The Sound Devices HX-3 is a remarkably robust and well crafted portable headphone amplifier intended for professional location use in the film, broadcast, and music industries.
The HX-3 is among the elite of it's category in terms of flexible design and durability of construction, offering a very high level of sound quality and frequency response.
Loaded with features, both practical and technical, the HX-3 also comes with a very affordable price tag.
- Very lightweight, AA battery powered portable 3-channel headphone amplifier
- Durable, high-strength, extruded aluminum chassis with protective end paneling
- High output, very low noise; frequency response from 10 Hz - 50 kHZ
- Three isolated headphone outputs with individual volume controls
- 125 dB dynamic range with flat frequency response
- Panel mounted headphone connectors
- Dual XLR line level plus 1/4" and 1/8" stereo input connectors
- All-metal connectors solidly mounted to the chassis for durability and RF immunity
- Stereo or mono monitoring
- Peak LED indicates headphone overload
- Loop Output to connect additional HX-3's in series
- Internal battery-power for up to 18 hours from two AA alkaline batteries
- Power LED with low battery indication
- Chassis-isolated 5 to 18 VDC input for external alternative DC powering.
- Locking DC connector