From Earthworks, the QTC40 condenser microphone is a member of Earthworks Quiet Time-Coherent series and is designed to accurately reproduce quiet audio signals with pristine detail and low noise. The wide dynamic range of strings, choirs, and orchestras are captured and reproduced with uncanny accuracy and detail. The prepolarized omnidirectional capsule exhibits fast response to transient (peak) signals, enabling exceptional SPL handling and minimal distortion.
The omnidirectional capsule is incapable of proximity effect and a wide, flat frequency response of 4Hz to 40kHz further maximizes detail. Overall the QTC40 is a valued addition in high definition recording and sound reinforcement applications that include choir, orchestra and acoustic music capturing as well as speech and sound design.
- High Definition & Detail
- The Quiet Time-Coherent microphone series from Earthworks are designed to reproduce quiet signals with uncanny accuracy and detail without noise. Perfect for 192kHz resolution recording.
- Ultra Wide Frequency Response
- The QTC40 exhibits a frequency response of 4Hz to 40kHz resulting in impressively detailed signal reproduction.
- Fast Transient Response
- The prepolarized condenser capsule is capable of capturing signal rich in transient peaks without noise due to distortion.
- High SPL Handling
- The QTC40's high SPL provides incredible headroom which further minimizes noise due to peak distortion and excessively loud signals at close proximity.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- The omnidirectional polar pattern provides rich, consistent detail at the off and direct sections of the capsule.