The Countryman B3 Omnidirectional Microphone is a miniature lavalier microphone for general public speaking, interviews, stage performances, video and film shoots, houses-of-worship applications and much more.
The capsule measures 0.2" in diameter and is resistant to moisture, which allows for placement in hair and on bare skin. In addition, its omnidirectional polar pattern minimizes handling noise, wind noise and plosives (popping).
A variety of skin-matching colors are available and this version is black. The cable terminates to a 3-pin XLR connector for direct connection to microphone preamplifiers, mixers, etc.
- Miniature Unobtrusive Capsule
- The miniature capsule measures only 0.2" (5.08mm) in diameter. The B3 is available in various colors that will virtually render the entire microphone invisible against the skin. This version B3 is black and more information on which color suits you best can be found on the Countryman support page.
- Moisture Resistant Frequency Caps
- Three frequency response altering caps provide flat, bright and very bright high-frequency enhancement. In addition the caps are resistant to moisture caused by perspiration, make-up, humidity, etc.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- The omnidirectional polar pattern is most effective in minimizing wind noise, plosives (popping) and handling noise.
- Sensitivity Optimized for General Applications
- The B3 is available in two sensitivity response specifications. This version is optimized to accurately capture speech without noise and distortion.