The JK Audio Innkeeper PBX is a professional telephone / audio interface that converts any multi-line PBX, ISDN or analog telephone into a broadcast, talk-show style console. The Innkeeper PBX connects between the handset and telephone base, incoming calls can be screened using the telephone handset.
A front panel button marked "Broadcast" disables the handset and enables signal flow from the XLR Send input. This provides talk show style control for radio and television broadcast. 16-bit digital processing eliminates the signal "bleed" that occurs over phone lines, isolating the incoming and outgoing audio signal paths. The front panel features individual level control of Send 1, Send 2 and Caller audio signal. The rear of the unit features mic/line switchable XLR input, XLR caller output, 1/8" (3.5mm) mini mix output, 1/8" (3.5mm) mini Send 2 input.
- Talk-Show Style Monitoring
- The Innkeeper PBX is an audio / telephone interface that converts multi-line PBX, ISDN and analog phones into talk-show style broadcast consoles. The unit features Handset and Broadcast switches that allow incoming calls to be screened and cued before broadcasting.
- Mic / Line Level Switchable Send
- Balanced XLR-female or 1/8" (3.5mm) mini Send inputs send audio through the telephone line to the caller. The balanced input features a mic / line level switch for direct connection of a microphone or console output.
- Handset Selector
- A handset selector switch enables compatibility with electret, carbon or dynamic handsets.
- Send and Receive Level LEDs
- 3-segment Send and Receive LED meters provide an accurate display of Send and Caller levels.
- Headphone Monitoring
- A 3.5mm mini stereo headphone jack is located on the front panel. The output also provides a dedicated level control and is useful for sending a mixed stereo signal to recorders or amplifiers.