The super wide-angle 122 to 84.1 degrees zoom range of this lens makes it ideal for the tightest of interiors, as well as for dramatic landscape photography.
Using effective arangment of lens elements and advanced technology this lens has super compact dimensions of only 3.9 inches full-length, and 3.4 inches maximum diameter. It is equipped with an Inner Focusing system that will keep the length of the lens unchanged while controlling aberration. The models which are equipped with HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor, available for Sigma, Canon and Nikon camera mount lens) system offer Full Time Manual Focusing.
The super wide angle of this lens also makes it ideal for use with digital SLR cameras, providing a focal zoom range of approximately 19-38.5mm.
- Rear Gelatin filter holder
- Lens focusing ring does not move during autofocus, making for easy handholding
- Four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements are provided for effective compensation of color aberration, which is a common problem with super-wide angle lenses
- Two pieces of Glass Mold and one-piece hybrid aspherical lenses offer excellent correction for distortion as well as all types of aberration
- Minimum focusing distance of 11" (28 cm) at all focal lengths
- As part of the DG line, this lens is optimized for digital cameras