The name "SPX" and Yamaha have been synonymous with professional multi-effect processor for more than 15 years. Models like SPX90, SPX90II, SPX900, SPX1000 and SPX990 have been the most commonly found equipment in the studio and sound reinforcement racks. The SPX2000, while inheriting the standard interface and common programs from its predecessors, brings a new dimension to the sound quality with the new "REV-X" reverb algorithm and a 96kHz audio DSP.
The heart of SPX2000 hardware is a 96kHz audio DSP, with 32-bit internal processing (58-bit accumulator) which offers abundant processing power for the advanced effect algorithms. The 24-bit 128-times over-sampling AD/DA converters deliver 106dB dynamic range and flat response from 20Hz to 40kHz at 96kHz sampling rate. Both are in line with the DM series Digital Production Console quality. Added to this are seventeen programs made with the new generation "REV-X" reverb algorithms, which deliver rich reverberation tone and smooth decay.
Effect classes include Reverb and Early Reflections, Delay and Echo, Pitch Change, Modulation, Filter, Distortion, Combination Effects and Freeze. The SPX2000 LCD offers five back light color variations the user can freely assign to any user programs. The preset programs are colored by effect groups that provide instant recognition of the effect type even from the distance. The unit also provides operation lock mode and is suitable for broad range of applications, from live sound reinforcement to production studios where professional quality effect processing is required.
- First class multi-effects processor for studio and live sound reinforcement applications
- Superb Sonic Quality
- Offers abundant processing power for the advanced effect algorithms with 24-bit/96kHz signal chain
- Refined Preset Programs
- Includes "REV-X Hall", "REV-X ROOM" and "REV-X PLATE" with newly introduced parameters like Room Size and Decay envelope that bring much higher definition and finer nuances
- Reliable and Efficient Front Panel User Interface with Colors
- Hardware cosmetics is designed to offer optimum reliability for the engineers on site with two front panel sets of "cross-keys"
- Professional Audio I/O
- Analog connection includes XLR type (w/latch) and quarter inch L + R input and output connectors both with +4dBU/-10dBu selector switch. AES/EBU I/O is also provided as is BNC WordClock input