The Gates Fathom Signature WP35 wide angle port is one of the most commonly used ports as it affords a very broad field of view with a large depth of field. For example, large animals or big reef scenes can be captured with sharp focus on both near and far subjects.
This wide-angle port, provides an 80° wide-angle shot without vignetting, a result of the partnership with Fathom Imaging bringing distortion-free imaging to Gates VX2000, PD150 and HD1 housings.
The WP35 wide-angle port contains several lens elements with a proprietary anti-reflective coating, to provide a magnified view supplementing the camera optics, free of distortion and very high resolution. It allows partial (~1/3) zoom through capability. Field of view is approximately 70 to 90° depending on the camera/port combination.
While the front dome element has a hard coating and is protected by a shade, it is not field replaceable, so care must be exercised to avoid contact with sharp objects (like coral).
The WP35 is compatible with the following Gates housings:
- Hi-Grade Optics
- Made of high-resolution BK-7 optical-grade glass and coated with a proprietary anti-reflective coating; achieves images that are sharp and clear from edge to edge, and are free of distortion, flare, vignetting and black spot reflections, in any mode (PAL, NTSC, photo and 16:9 widescreen).
- Proprietary HEBBAR Coating
- Constructed entirely of high-grade optical glass elements and coated with a proprietary anti-reflective High Efficiency Broad Band Anti-Reflective (HEBBAR) coating for maximum light transmission.
- Nitrogen Purged/Vacuum Sealed Optics
- Built in a nitrogen purged/vacuum sealed into an aluminum shell, in a dust-free environment, ensures no foreign matter or condensation are inside to spoil your image.
- Bayonet Mount
- Features a "bayonet" port-to-housing attachment method that allows quick and easy port change. A simple 1/4 turn will mount or dismount a bayonet-style port.
- Use in Air and Water - and for air/water split shots.