The DPA MSS6000 is a professional string microphone and summing system designed for capturing professional orchestral string ensembles in recording or sound reinforcement applications. The DPA MSS6000 includes ten 4061-BM surface or string-instrument mounted microphones, five Stereo Satellite Boxes with cables, Master Summing Box, microphone holders, microphone surface mounts and storage case.
The concept behind the entire system enables ten high-quality, miniature microphones to be summed into a pair of stereo outputs. The summing system eliminates the need to occupy precious channel space in audio consoles, stage boxes, etc. The Master Summing Box provides the stereo output and supplies +48v phantom power to all microphones. The five Satellite Boxes and Master Summing Box are connected to each other in a daisy-chain configuration, and the ten microphones are connected to the micro-dot inputs on each Satellite (two microphones per satellite).
The entire system maintains superb audio quality and is an ideal solution for orchestral string capturing in concert sound reinforcement and professional recording applications.
- Ten Microphone Stereo Summing
- The MSS6000 is a flexible system that enables up to ten 4061-BM miniature string microphones to be summed into a single pair of stereo outputs without quality loss or signal degradation.
- Phantom Power
- All microphones receive +48V phantom power via the Master Summing Box.
- Surface or Instrument Mount
- Surface and instrument microphone mounts are featured for instrument or surface placement.
- Samsonite Storage Case
- Rugged Samsonite storage case provides secure storage and protection against rigorous travel.