The 17-35mm EX DG lens covers a super wide-angle range, and has improved closer focusing over it's predecessor, and will now also accept a 77mm filter in front of the lens.
The lens is equipped with the Inner Focusing system that will keep the length of the lens unchanged while controlling aberration. The models which are equipped with HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor, available for Sigma, Canon and Nikon camera mount lens) system offer Full Time Manual Focusing.
The super wide angle of this lens also makes it ideal for use with digital SLR cameras, providing a focal zoom range of approximately 27-56mm.
- As part of the DG line, this lens is optimized for digital cameras
- Equipped with the silent, responsive and high speed Hyper Sonic Motor and provides fulltime manual focus override
- Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass is used for effective compensation of color aberration, which is a common problem with super-wide angle lenses
- Two pieces of molded glass aspherical lenses offer excellent correction for distortion as well as all types of aberration
- Minimum focusing distance of 10.6" (27 cm) at all focal lengths
- The IF (Internal Focusing) design offers smooth and fast autofocus and non-rotating filter atachment