The IR-1 from Wavesis a convolution reverb plug-in that provides superior reverbs and ambiences, delivered in all the major plug-in formats, allowing it to be used in virtually every DAW on the market. The main difference between this plug-in and other convolution reverbs is unlike other convolution reverbs, the IR-1 reverb allows editing of all the traditional reverb parameters.
Electronic "artificial" reverbs offer the advantage of more control of individual reverb parameters, but their disadvantage is the lack of accuracy reproducing real acoustic spaces. Conversely the attraction of sampling or convolution based reverbs is the accurate reproduction of natural acoustic spaces. Their chief drawback is the inability to control reverb parameters in the familiar and flexible fashion offered by traditional artificial reverbs. IR-1 offers the best of both approaches by allowing classic parameters to actually affect the convolution, not just "filter the result" in order to produce parameter changes.
The IR-1 comes with an extensive library of samples and presets that recreate the sonic environment of over sixty carefully sampled real acoustic spaces and over sixty samples and presets created by classic hardware devices.
Note! Requires an iLok if one is not present on the system.
- Convolution reverb plug-in with traditional "artificial reverb" parameter manipulation
- Extensive library captured using new state-of-the-art techniques
- Uses unique Impulse Response (IR) manipulation techniques to allow shortening and lengthening (times 4) of the Reverb Time while maintaining acoustic coherence and preserving the natural envelope and frequency content
- Size control adjusts the room size and applies acoustic modeling methods on the actual IR ER (Early Reflections) portion to make the space smaller or larger while maintaining its signature
- A graph-based multiple breakpoint envelope allows unlimited options for re-shaping the reverb's decay behavior
- ER/Tail/Direct Independent Control analyzes the IR for the early reflection/reverb tail (ER/Tail) boundary marker and allows the classic control of gain and pre-delay for each portion
- Paragraphic EQ controls the reverb's color using a Renaissance based four-band paragraphic EQ
- A "low CPU" mode utilizes intelligent algorithms that require less CPU usage while preserving high sound quality and definition