The Canon DVK-E2 Data Verification Kit verifies that images created upon certain Canon EOS cameras are in fact unaltered originals. It works with the EOS 1D, 1D Mark II N, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark II, 5D, 20D/20Da, and 30D cameras.
The system is so precise, that even the slightest discrepancy is detected. The DVK-E2 is a landmark accessory for digital imaging in law enforcement, news, and other documentary uses.
When the EOS user shoots with the camera's verification system activated, a code is automatically generated based on the image contents and attached to the image file. When the image is viewed, the data verification software determines the code for the image and compares it with the attached code. If the photo has been retouched in any way, the codes will not match, thus verifying that the image is not the original.
- For verifying originality of images from specific Canon EOS cameras
- Specified to work with the Canon EOS 1D, 1D Mark II N, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark II, 5D, 20D, 20Da, and 30D cameras
- Ideal for use by law enforcement, insurance, news agencies, etc.
- With applicable cameras' verification system activated, code generated on image contents and attached to image files
- When images with verification code are viewed, data verification software determines code for image and compares to image's attached code
- Images retouched in any way have codes that won't match, unequivocally verifying as non-original