The TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC200 from Behringer is a single channel, low voltage plate tube based microphone/instrument preamplifier, housed in a compact, desktop enclosure. With switchable phantom power available, the unit will work with all types of microphones. Additionally, the preamp features a 20dB pad, phase reverse switch, low-cut filter and balanced inputs and outputs. When used as a high-end DI-box, the preamp provides outstanding signal integrity.
The preamp has 2 interesting features, the first being the inclusion of flexible preamp modeling. This allows the user to optimize recordings by selecting one of the 16 preamp settings that matches their needs, be it for vocals, or acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitars, keyboards, drums and more. The second is an integrated limiter that prevents distortion on the output of the MIC200. Various fixed limiter settings are available within some of the 16 preamp models.
- Tube based preamp for all microphone, instrument and line-level sources
- Perfectly matches a studio or live hard disk recording set-up
- Preamp modeling with 16 presets designed for electric and acoustic guitars, keyboards, bass guitars, drums, vocals and more that allows for quick setup
- Hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube
- Provides optimum signal transparency when used as a DI box
- Built-in output limiter that prevents the output signal from being distorted
- Low-cut filter eliminates unwanted noise
- Dedicated switches for +48 V phantom power, phase reverse and a 20dB pad
- Highly accurate 8-segment LED level meter
- Balanced inputs and outputs