Altered States from Zero-G and distributed by EastWest is a huge virtual instrument comprising almost 5GB of data with 3,499 instrument patches and thousands of unique source sounds. The sound designer and electronic musician will find source material that is extremely organic, unique and creative. The massive library includes a plug-in audio engine/interface from Native Instruments, based on their INTAKT virtual sampler and which is specifically designed for rhythmic loop playback and manipulation.
Altered States is based on ten of Zero-G's best selling sample libraries. All the sounds have been reorganized and re-categorized from the original and integrated with over a 1GB of additional material. In the rhythm department alone, there are thousands of loops, all presented in sliced format via the NI INTAKT Beat Machine or Time Machine, allowing the source material to automatically synchronize with a song, while sound-shaping can be applied to each slice if required.
Altered States functions as follows:
- Stand-alone under ASIO, Core Audio or DirectSound
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST, AU and RTAS for Mac OS X
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST and DXi for Windows XP
- Huge library of unique and organic source material for the sound designer of electronic musician
- Over 5GB of data
- Library provides access to individual instruments and individual hits within loops
- Easy synchronization of loops to MIDI tempo
- MIDI file export permits groove, accent and feel manipulation in any host sequencer
- Modulation section provides AHDSR envelope, two individual syncable LFOs, envelope follower and a DBD pitch envelope
- The entire sound library can also be loaded into other Native Instruments' samplers including INTAKT and KONTAKT (version 1.5 or later,) allowing for even more flexibility and options while working with the material