Sounds of Polynesia is a wonderful and unique virtual instrument for discovering the rich sounds of the South Pacific. The sample library contains recordings of a host of indigenous instruments along with village ambience tracks from Gabagaba in Central Province of Papua New Guinea and Munum village in the Morobe Province and spoken and chanted vocals. Most of the instruments featured come from Papua New Guinea, a nation in the western region of the South Pacific Ocean. It is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world with over 800 languages and over 3000 dialects.
The loops map out onto individual keys in a construction kit format and the "beat machine" synchronizes each multi-track loop to the host sequencer. Also included is sync delay. Best of all, no sampler is required. Sounds of Polynesia includes a plug-in audio engine/interface from Native Instruments, based on their INTAKT virtual sampler and which is specifically designed for rhythmic loop playback and manipulation.
Sounds of Polynesia functions as follows:
- Stand-alone under ASIO, Core Audio or DirectSound
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST, AU and RTAS for Mac OS X
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST and DXi for Windows XP
- Over 1.3GB of instruments, rhythms, vocals and other indigenous and unique samples from the islands of the South Pacific and Australia
- Includes a special version of INTAKT from Native Instruments (plug-in or standalone) for Mac and Windows specifically designed for loop playback
- INTAKT sampler features tremendous sound shaping including a first-class multi-mode filter, an envelope follower, two LFOs and effects
- Compatible with most music software