This SolarMax 60 H-Alpha Solar Viewing Filter Kit is comprised of a 60mm SolarMax filter with a T-Max tuner, and a BF-30 blocking filter.
SolarMax H-Alpha filters allow viewing of the active surface of the sun with 100% safety. None of the parts of this kit are stand-alone units - each component is equally crucial to the user's safety and the system's performance.
The SolarMax 60 filter is to be used with the T-Max 60 Doppler Tuning Unit. This device is used to de-tune the telescope's optical system. The wavelengths produced by high-velocity events such as active flares and coronal mass ejections (CME) can Doppler-shift and become invisible to an H-Alpha tuned system. The T-Max unit allows the user to de-tune the SolarMax filter slightly to make these phenomena more visible.
A Rear-Blocking Filter is also included in this kit, and it is designed for use with telescopes that have a focal length equal to or shorter than 3000mm. The BF-30 features a 2.0" straight-through design, and it comes with a 1.25" zero length reducer. It must be used in conjunction with the SolarMax filters.
Almost all telescopes will require an adapter plate in order to attach the H-Alpha SolarMax filter. These adapters are available separately, please find the appropriate adapter plate for your scope in our Coronado Adapter Plate pages.
- SolarMax 60 H-Alpha Filter
- This SolarMax 60 filter kit converts telescopes with a focal length equal to or less than 3000 mm into a 0.7 Å solar viewing system
- T-Max 60 Doppler Tuning Unit
- Attached directly behind the etalon, this tuner adjusts to compensate for Doppler shifted light. By de-tuning the SolarMax filter towards the blue end of the H-Alpha line, the T-Max 60 facilitates enhanced observation and imaging of solar disk shapes, surface details, prominences, granulation, and edge activities.
- BF-30 Blocking Filter
- Designed for use with telescopes that have a focal length ≤3000 mm, the BF-30 features a 2.0" straight-through design, and it comes with a 1.25" zero length reducer.
- Coronado Adapter Plate Required
- Most telescopes will need a specific adapter plate for attaching the SolarMax filters to the front of the optical system. Coronado manufactures adapters for many popular telescopes, click here to find one for yours.