The Ashly MX-406 is a six input audio mixer with line and microphone inputs on each channel. The MX-406 may be used to supplement larger consoles or for use as a stand alone mixer in sound-reinforcement, portable installations and project studios. The MX-406 features six studio grade, low-noise XLR and 1/4" combination connectors that are capable of microphone and line level signal. Each input features -20, -40 and -60dB input gain control settings.
All mic preamps are capable of supplying +48V phantom power (globally switched) to condenser microphones. The output section features stereo balanced 1/4" phone line XLR mono connectors. Unbalanced L/R RCA stereo connections are featured for connecting player / recorder devices. 1/4" TRS Phone inserts are featured on all inputs and enable routing to external signal processors. The front panel features Level, Pan and a 3-band EQ control. Its compact, 2U (two space) rackmount design allows easy storage and transport for mobile use.
- Six Microphone and Line Inputs
- The MX-406 six channel microphone mixer features low noise XLR and 1/4" Phone connectors on all input channels. Each channel accepts microphone and line level signal.
- Stereo and Mono Output
- The output section features a stereo balanced 1/4" phone line and single XLR mono line output connection.
- Stereo AUX Input
- A L/R unbalanced stereo RCA Aux input can be used for playback devices such as CD and cassette players, as well as signals from other mixers.
- Pad Switches
- Every channel features a Pad switch that provides the attenuation needed to avoid overload from microphones that output high gain levels.
- Gain Switches
- The front panel features -20, -40 & -60dB input level gain switches.
- Pan Control
- All channels feature level and Pan control for complete control over signal placement within the stereo field.
- +48 Volt Phantom Power
- All input channels provide +48V phantom power for condenser microphones.