The Tele Vue Gibraltar mount with Sky Tour computer is a completely self-contained support system for your telescope. Longer, heavier 4" scopes are best matched to the rock-solid Gibraltar because the larger bearing surfaces and thicker wood legs best handle the loads, especially for high power viewing.
The Sky Tour system's incredibly simple to use: you just tell it what you want to see, and then the computer will indicate the manual altitude & azimuth movements needed until you'll find it. No slow mechanized slewing or battery-hogging motors needed; move the scope left/right and up/down until the computer says "0" in both axes and voila - your object awaits you!
- Ash leg segments quickly absorb resonance for clear images
- Robust Gibraltar head with clearance to accept most 4" refractors
- 2000+ Object database with user-programmable additions
- Compatible with Software Bisque's TheSky software to link Sky Tour to a Pocket PC, Windows & Macintosh computers
- Refreshingly simple 2 star alignment for altitude-azimuth mounts without needing input of latitude, longitude, date or time
- Includes eyepiece caddy set and a Sky Tour caddy plate, conveniently placing Sky Tour aside scope
- Made in the USA of USA materials