The Dynaudio Acoustics BM6A is a 2-way, Active studio monitor powered by twin 50 Watt amplifiers, featuring a 6.5" woofer and a 1" dome tweeter, housed in a no-nonsense cabinet with a black and aluminum finish, and sold as a pair.
The cabinet interior has been treated with damping material to minimize aberrant, vibration-related distortion, and the fluid-protected tweeter features a rear acoustic chamber. The amps are convection cooled, and there are a pair of front panel LED's indicating power, and overdrive or thermal protection activity, respectively.
The rear panel of the BM6A is refreshingly minimalist, featuring a trio of High, Mid and Low frequency boost/cut switches, a balanced or unbalanced level sensitivity switch, and a dedicated High Pass filter switch. The lone connector is a balanced XLR female. The frequency switches are provided for subtle adjustment to the given room environment, not playback enhancement.
The BM6A is actually about this: if your mix is really good, it'll sound really good, and if it isn't, it won't. Neutrality, and balanced, un-hyped frequency delivery on playback, should be the objective in studio monitor speaker design. There are many active monitors available to choose from these days , and neutrality is both a manufacturing boast, and an engineering holy grail, that the BM6A actually delivers.
- 2-Way Active Monitors with dual 100-Watt amplifiers and electronic crossover
- Full magnetic shielding for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Unique linear phase and frequency response ensures neutral playback, minimizes listening fatigue
- Interior damping of speaker cabinet minimizes resonance and vibration-related distortion
- Thermally protected tweeter with rear acoustic chamber
- Slow-attack optical High-Frequency Limiter
- Overdrive protection circuitry for Low-Frequency amplifier with True Clipping front panel LED indicator
- Input sensitivity level switch for balanced or unbalanced operation
- High and Low-Frequency trim controls with 5dB range for subtle adjustment to room acoustic environment
- High-Frequency control from 3kHz upward, Low-Frequency control from 100Hz downward
- XLR Connector
- Switchable 115-230 VAC power supply for international use