The Whirlwind PRESSPOWER 2 is an active, 4RU rackmount microphone feed distributor, designed for use at press conferences and other live broadcast applications involving multiple microphones. This version is housed in a convenient rack carrying case.
The PRESSPOWER 2 features 2 mic/line inputs with individual gain controls, and 16 transformer-isolated outputs that are individually switchable for mic or line level operation. The unit includes a 20-segment LED level meter, an internal test tone generator, a built-in headphone monitor amp with volume control, high-pass filters, and phantom power. All controls are available with front-panel access.
The PRESSPOWER 2 will operate on either 115/230VAC power, 9V internal batteries, or with an external 12-36VDC supply connected via the rear terminals. This allows the unit to be powered by a car battery, cigarette lighter, camera pack battery, and other common DC sources. The unit will automatically switch to DC back-up power in the event of an AC power interruption. The PRESSPOWER 2 is a rugged, professional-caliber pressbox, designed and engineered with the broadcast market in mind.
- Portable 2-in/16-out pressbox with transformer isolated outputs and phantom power
- High-performance, high-level input stage for noise-free audio in high RF environments
- 3 powering options include switchable AC, 9 Volt battery, and DC power
- Built-in headphone amplifier with dedicated volume control
- 20-segment LED level meter
- Built-in test tone generator and switchable high-pass filter
- Convenient front panel battery holders, controls and switches
- Individual Mic/Line switches for each input and output