The G4 from Rane is a four channel gate that combines familiar front panel analog controls with the accuracy and performance of digital signal processing. Analog-controlled digital processing allows a sound engineer to make precise adjustments, in real time using analog controls, while digital signal processing provides a degree of accuracy, consistency and flexibility that simply cannot be matched with a traditional analog design.
The G4 Quad Gate is an ideal tool for front of house, monitor, instrument and voice processing, broadcast and recording, providing a variety of dynamics applications including gating, ducking and downward expansion. Internal or external side-chain key input, built-in side-chain filtering, side-chain listen, look-ahead signal detection and advanced metering combine with properly defined threshold, attack, decay, hold, and depth controls to provide the necessary tools for unsurpassed flexibility and performance.
- Four channel processor with independent gate, expand and duck modes per channel
- Analog control of digital processing
- Look-ahead gating
- Adjustable threshold, attack, release, hold, depth and ratio
- Stereo Link between channels 1/2 and 3/4
- Side-chain processing includes internal low and high cut filters
- Listen switch
- Universal internal switching power supply
- Exceptional immunity to RF and electromagnetic interference