The Tropical Plants Slide Set from Konus provides a range of plant samples that are not always available in most locations, and is great for comparisons to indigenous plant species of which student may make their own slide preparations. The interesting cellular characteristics of the provided samples also make the slide set useful for teaching microscopy technique and observation skills.
The 10 prepared slides include the following:
- Epiphytic fern (Platycerium) t.s.
- Date palm (Phoenix) t.s. through leaflet.
- Coconut (Coccus) fibre cells w.m.
- Cactus, stem zith reduced leaves t.s.
- Epiphytic orchid t.s. of aerial root.
- Lousiana moss, absorbent hairs w.m. (Tillandsia)
- Indian rubber tree leaf zith crystals t.s.
- Coelus t.s. of a square stem.
- Begonia, shadow plant.
- Pineapple (Ananas) tropical fruit t.s.