The Genelec 8030A.LSE Power Pak is comprised of 5 8030A nearfield monitors matched with the 7060B subwoofer. The 8030A is a small, bi-amplified, 2-way speaker with twin 40 Watt amplifiers and shielded 5" and .75" Low and High frequency drivers, housed in a sturdy die-cast aluminum enclosure, designed for use in any professional audio production environment where space considerations are paramount.
The two unique features of the 8030A are the MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) cabinet design, and the Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) speaker mount. The MDE design, with it's rounded, curved cabinet edges, improves spatial imaging and playback consistency. The Iso-Pod is a positioning mount that raises and isolates the speaker from the rumble and resonances often caused by surface placement.
The two 8030A rear panel connectors are 3-pin XLRs, providing both an input and an output for daisy-chain 5.1 surround expansion needs, or use with a subwoofer. A modest complement of tone control DIP switches allows for adjustment to the room's acoustic environment, and a bass port improves low end reproduction.
The 7060B subwoofer features a 10" driver, powered by a robust 120 Watt amplifier, housed in Genelec's proprietary LSE(Laminar Spiral Enclosure) bass reflex cabinet. This design combines minimized enclosure noise with tight, consistent signal dispersion, a characteristic of laminar. The rear panel provides a bass management unit featuring 6 separate XLR I/Os and a pair of summed signal outputs. The amplifier unit, with active crossover filters and driver overload protection, is adjacent to an ample set of tone, phase and filter controls.
The 8030A.LSE Power Pak is a worthy and progressive solution as a 5.1 Surround monitoring system for studio and A/V post or multi-media applications.
- Active 5.1 Surround monitoring system with unique design and specially matched subwoofer
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure(MDE) design with rounded edges curved front and sides for smooth frequency response and clear spatial imaging, minimal cabinet edge wave diffraction
- LSE (Laminar Spiral Enclosure) bass reflex subwoofer cabinet design for minimized turbulence noise and optimum signal flow
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and rear panel reflex port design for accurate and balanced wave dispersion, durable die-cast aluminum cabinet construction
- Isolation Position/Decoupler (Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning, separates speaker from placement surface, eliminating rumble and other aberrant vibration related resonances
- Metal grille covering for monitor drivers
- Front Panel power switch and volume controls
- Integrated monitor rear support points for wall and floor stands, 3/8" threading for enclosure cabinet base mounting
- Balanced XLR inputs, outputs for all speakers
- Balanced XLR output for daisy-chaining multiple units or connection to Subwoofer
- Rear panel Treble and Bass Tilt, Bass Roll-Off tone control switches for optimizing monitor speaker to acoustic character of room environment
- 29Hz lower cutoff frequency for subwoofer
- Selectable 85/120Hz lowpass filter switch and 0/+10dB LFE sensitivity switch for subwoofer
- 7 separate control switches for phase adjustment, bass roll-off and tone control
- Transparent Overload Protection circuitry for all speakers
- Switchable power supply for international use