The BBE MaxCom is a dual-channel compressor and limiter with gate, housed in a compact and easy-to-use package. It provides a live or recorded mix with all the clean, clear punch that only a truly professional dynamics controller can.
This single-rack-space dynamics processor includes two independent full-featured compressor/limiters, each channel having independent controls for Threshold, Compression Ratio, Attack Time and Release Time. Additionally, a "linking" function allows for phase-coherent tracking of stereo signals.
The unit features an on-board BBE Sonic Maximizer that provides improvements in total sound quality, bringing crystalline clarity and air to the source material as well as revealing rich harmonic subtleties. The MaxCom employs the same 4th generation chipset that powers the 482i and 882i Sonic Maximizers.
Comprehensive metering is achieved via dual bar-graph meters on each channel that indicate Input Level and Gain Reduction.
- Two channel compressor/expander unit with gate function
- Peak limiter to protect from clipping
- Dynamically controlled, program adaptive gate for noiseless and seamless operation
- Built-in BBE Sonic Maximizer adds clarity and definition
- "Auto" mode for easy setup
- Stereo link for phase-coherent stereo compression
- Key In and Out via 1/4" TRS phone connectors
- Dual bar-graph meters for input level and gain reduction