The A-16D Pro, made by Aviom, is an 8-port audio and power distribution module, housed in a 2-space, 19" metal rack case, and made for use with that company's personal monitoring and mixing system.
The A-16D Pro adheres to Aviom's proprietary A-Net protocol, an ethernet-based technology that delivers high-speed transmission of uncompressed, very low latency audio over distances of up to 500 ft., using a standard Category-5 computer network cable with RJ45 connectors.
The ingenious power distribution of the A-16D Pro is designed so that 8 simultaneous channels of isolated DC power are sent, and directly connected, to Aviom personal mixers and other components(including another A-16D Pro) along with the audio, through a single Category-5 cable in parallel fashion. This manner of distribution enables an easier, faster and cleaner remote setup, eliminating the need for extra power strips and concerns over remote AC access.
The A-16D Pro itself features an internally switching power supply, with a standard IEC connector. The rugged Neutrik EtherCon cable connectors, housed in an XLR-style barrel, are another recommending professional feature of this unit.
The A-16D Pro, and the entire A-Net series, represents a genuinely innovative development in wired personal monitoring technology, for the benefit of live music performance and studio recording, commercial and institutional installations, theater installations, and houses of worship, at a breakthrough price point.
- Easy, direct distribution of A-Net from a single central location
- Receives signal from other A-Net components
- DC power supplied to remote A-Net mixers and other components via direct A-Net connection; eliminates need for external power supplies
- Internally switching power supply with standard IEC connector eliminates need for external DC power supply, "wall-wart" clutter
- A-Net Thru for multiple distributor connection
- 8 floating-ground isolated internal power supplies
- 8 simultaneous A-Net outputs
- LED A-Net input activity indicator light