The Aviom A-16R is a full-featured rackmount personal mixer for the A-Net series of personal headphone monitoring products for recording studion, installation, and live broadcast or theatrical stage use.
The A-16R features balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS outputs on the rear panel, balanced insert points, and an auxiliary stereo mix input with a front-panel level control. The A-16R can also store and recall user mix Presets via MIDI, with a front panel control section and MIDI In, Out, and Thru jacks on the rear panel.
The A-16R also integrates nicely with wireless in-ear monitor transmitters. By placing the A-16R in the rack with the in-ear transmitters and power amps, all audio connections are in a central location offstage. If wedge monitors are used in the monitoring system, the A-16R allows for the creation of custom wedge mixes than can be instantly recalled by saving mix snapshots as Presets.
An unlimited number of A-16R mixers may be connected, via standard Category 5 network cables, at distances of up to 500 ft. from the source, receiving up to 16 channels of audio from the A-16T system transmitter. The transmission protocol is called A-Net, a proprietary, high speed, Ethernet-based network technology, developed by Aviom as a means of moving audio without using data compression or introducing perceptible latency.
- Sixteen Channel select buttons with dual LEDs
- Dedicated Recall, Group, Solo, and Mute buttons with 16 user Preset memory locations
- MIDI save and recall of user Presets, remote MIDI mixing via standard MIDI commands for volume, pan, and mute
- Pan/Spread control with LED readout, Channel volume control with LED level readout
- Master Volume, Treble and Bass control, Stereo Mix In with front panel volume control
- Balanced XLR and TRS line outputs on the rear panel, balanced TRS rear panel stereo inserts
- A-Control jack accepts optional Aviom A-16CS Control Surface