The Aviom AN-16/i-M is a rackmount microphone/line input module that allows microphone-level signals to be used with that company's AN-Series Distributed Audio Network products to create digital snakes, for extended personal monitoring and mixing.
The unit contains 16 high-headroom microphone preamps with 24-bit A-to-D converters. Each channel contains a three-segment level LED meter, a gain control knob, a phase reverse switch, a 48-volt phantom power switch with LED indicator, and a low end filter with an 85 Hz rolloff. Each pair of channels is equipped with a Stereo Link switch, allowing stereo operation when connected to a Pro16 Monitor Mixing System.
Connectivity includes 16 XLR mic or 1/4" line-level combo inputs, balanced or unbalanced, and the 16 passive mic thru connectors create a built-in microphone splitter. Balanced insert points with separate 1/4" Send and Return jacks allow for standard connection with external outboard processors.
Two parallel A-Net outputs allow the module to send A-Net data to multiple destinations, allowing for simultaneous patching to a monitor console and a front-of-house console. A separate A-Net Expansion jack allows the unit to be combined with other AN-Series products and to transfer up to 32 channels of audio over a single standard Cat-5 cable, with cable runs of up to 500' between devices.
- Sixteen high-headroom mic preamplifiers, with 24-bit A-to-D converters
- Mic- or line-level inputs for Digital Snake, passive splitter for simplified connection to exiting tour or installation setup
- Functions as a stand-alone mic preamp, insert Send alternate function as line output
- XLR mic or 1/4-inch TRS balanced line-level inputs on combo jacks
- 48-volt phantom power per channel with LED indicator, three-segment level LED metering
- Continuously variable gain knob, phase reverse switch, and rumble filter switch (85Hz rolloff) per channel
- Stereo Channel Link switch per channel pair, built-in mic splitter
- Balanced insert 1/4" TRS send and return jacks for outboard gear, dual A-Net outputs allow A-Net data routing to 2 separate destinations
- A-Net Expansion port for use with other AN-Series distributed audio network products with up to 500' cable runs
- Internal universal power supply for international use, standard IEC connector cable