The GNX4 Guitar Workstation is combination effects processor/amplifier modeler in a floor-processor-form with a built-in 8-track recorder, General MIDI drum machine, MP3 player and USB audio/MIDI interface in a single integrated package. Combined with the included suite of recording, editing and production software, the GNX4 is a complete solution for the guitarist's performing and recording needs.
Utilizing DigiTech's AudioDNA DSP Engine and the software power provided by GeNetX, the processor allows the musician to literally create their own amp model, their own speaker cabinet and their own signature sound.
The unit's power to unleash a guitarist's creative potential is fully realized in song writing. By utilizing the built-in drum machine and bass amp modeler, a guitarist can first lay down rhythm tracks on the 8-track recorder. The built-in MIDI drum machine rivals standalone drum machines and boasts a vast library of high quality kits and patterns. User MIDI files can be imported.
By selecting from the library of amp models and cabinet imaging technology and the complete set of on-board effects, the guitarist can then lay down the guitar tracks. When that's finished, vocals can then be recorded on the remaining tracks using the balanced XLR microphone input on the rear of the unit, which features switchable phantom power and a 20dB pad.
The GNX4's USB connection provides four channels of audio streaming into a computer and two channels of playback from the computer simultaneously. The footswitches and software work seamlessly together to automatically arm, record, play and delete tracks on the fly without ever having to take hands off the guitar.
- Comprehensive guitar amplifier and speaker modeling/effects processor
- USB port and included software allow the GNX4 to function as a 24-bit audio/MIDI interface for computer recording
- Three AudioDNA DSP engines for extensive programming
- Built-in 8-track recorder can record whole song arrangements, including vocals via an XLR input
- Microphone input supports condenser microphones via phantom power and includes a 20dB pad
- Built-in General MIDI drum machine
- Rugged steel, floor-form housing with included expression pedal and seven foot switches
- The foot switches are used to select presets, access the tuner, turn individual effects on and off, change amplifier channels, or bypass the GNX4
- Compact Flash memory card interface
- Built-in tuner