This Kowa DA-1 55mm Adapter Ring allows you to attach your point and shoot or video camera to a Kowa TSN-60*, TSN-66*, TSN-77*, TSN-82*, and TSN-88* series 60mm, 66mm, 77mm, 82mm, or 88mm spotting scope. You'll still need to use an eyepiece (or the TSN-VA1 Adapter) with your spotting scope. Additionally, certain eyepieces require additional adapters-click on the "features" section for more details.
The effective focal length of your digiscoping combination is based upon the actual focal length of your scope combined with the effective magnification of your digital camera's lens while in use. Digiscoping can get awfully magnified awfully quick!
All ventures in the world of digiscoping require the use of a sturdy tripod, first and foremost. You must take great care to keep vibrations during exposure to an absolute minimum. Employing a cable release, electronic release or remote control for tripping the shutter is practically a necessity. While not required, universal mounting brackets do wonders to reduce vibrations of your rig.
- For TSN-88* and TSN-77* Series Scopes:
- TE-10Z (20-60x), TE-17W (30x), and TE-20H (25x) all usable
- All 3 require the TSN-DA10 Digital Camera Adapter and a DA-1 Filter Ring
- OR use TSN-VA1 Adapter + TSN-VA2-CR Conversion Ring + a DA-1 Filter Ring (no TSN-DA10)
- For TSN-66* and TSN-60* Series Scopes:
- All conventional eyepieces require TSN-DA1 Digital Camera Adapter
- TE-9WD (45x) & TSE-21WD (20x) require nothing else except DA-1 filter ring
- TSE-17HD, TSE-14WD, TSE-Z6 (25x, 30x, & 20-40x) also require the DA1-ARZ7 Extension Ring
- OR just use TSN-VA1 Adapter (and a DA-1 filter ring)
- For TSN-82* Series Scopes:
- TSN-VA1 Adapter and a DA-1 filter ring usable
- All conventional eyepieces require TSN-DA1 Digital Camera Adapter and DA-1 filter ring
- Zoom eyepieces additionally require DA1-ARZ7 Extension Ring