The Lectrosonics Long Ranger 4 (LR4) is a portable public address speaker and wireless microphone system designed to address the needs of public speakers, presenters and crowd control applications indoors and in the field. This LR4 basic system consists of the main loudspeaker / amplifier and receiver unit, with the M175 VHF belt-pack transmitter and HM142 VMC adjustable head-worn microphone.
The LR4 amplifier produces a full 33 watts RMS with low distortion into the 8 Ohm speaker. The powerful amplifier drives an efficient loudspeaker horn that is capable of enough audio output to cover an area the size of a football field. A built-in VHF receiver and an included belt-pack transmitter result in efficient wireless transmission of up to 750-feet.
The main unit features a microphone volume control and separate line input with volume control for CD players and line devices. An optional add-on receiver mounts onto the rear of the unit for dual wireless microphone operation on a single speaker system.
The LR4 main units can be linked for even further power and range. The main unit is powered with a single 12 volt, 7.2 amp-hour rechargeable gel-cell battery, while the transmitter is powered with a 9 volt alkaline or lithium battery. The Long Ranger 4 is a small yet powerful tool for film and video directors, public safety instruction, marching band rehearsal, traveling ministries, traveling presentations and more.
- Portable Microphone and Speaker System
- The Long Ranger 4 combines a powerful, battery operated amplifier/speaker and wireless transmitter unit with a VHF beltpack receiver and head-worn microphone for a powerful, portable public address system.
- Powerful Internal Amplifier and Speaker
- The internal amplifier and loud speaker produce 33 watts RMS. The combination is capable of enough audio output to cover an area the size of a football field.
- Head-worn Microphone
- The included HM142 VMC head-worn microphone is lightweight and provides completely hands-free operation.
- Auxiliary Input Connections
- An auxiliary input connection is provided for line level devices such as CD players, etc.
- Optional Dual Microphone Operation
- A second transmitter may be added and mounted to the rear of the LR4 for dual, simultaneous microphone operation.