ChromaFlex is flexible chroma key solution that allows you to shoot and key almost anywhere. The results achieved using ChromaFlex are as good as those achieved in a dedicated studio environment - on location, as everything needed comes in one small bag.
This kit includes the blue small size LED LiteRing (fits lenses 30 - 72mm in diameter), 7 x 7' collapsible Chromatte glass beaded background which achieves a high quality key, with no blue spill and excellent edge definition.
The LiteRing is a circular arrangement of bright blue or green light emitting diodes (LEDs) mounted around the camera lens. The LiteRing provides all the necessary source light required to illuminate the Chromatte fabric for keying. Manufactured in two sizes, it is compatible with most digital video and professional camera lenses. The AC powered LiteRing Controller (LRC) allows adjustment of the intensity of light required for optimum keying results. Ideal shooting distances depend on a number of variables including levels of ambient light, choice of keying applications, camera quality and filming formats. As a rule the subject should be further than 8 ft from the camera to avoid a blue cast of light. Maximum distance is approximately 60 ft.
The collapsible pop-up frame springs open when removed from its bag to create an instantly usable 7 x 7' screen. The surface area allows sufficient space to shoot from close-up through to a wide shot of good proportion. The light-weight, flexible fabric contains millions of glass beads that behave like cat's eyes - it is dark grey to the eye in ambient light, but when used with a camera mounted LED LiteRing the grey is seen by the camera as a brilliant but more importantly even blue background for easy chroma keying. The nature of the interaction between light and the glass beads means that seams, folds and creases are no problem.
Note! Click here to view the user guide for Reflecmedia products.
- The LEDs are specifically angled to beam the colored light at the facing concave shaped glass beads on the reflective Chromatte background. The light is then reflected back along the same axis (angle) towards and into the camera lens.
- With the LiteRing attached to the camera movement from 90° head on, to approximately 10° from horizontal is possible, only requiring a slight adjustment on the LiteRing level Controller (LRC) to effect a key.
- Fast Set Up
- The pop-up screen takes a matter of seconds to erect as no other fittings are required.
- Where hanging is not an option or the location is unfamiliar, ChromaFlex gives complete flexibility. It can be held, leaned against a wall or clipped to a free standing frame. The ChromaFlex screen, LiteRing and LiteRing Controller and pack away easily into a bag that can fit into the back of a car.
- Cost Effective
No need for studio space, excessive lighting and wasted labor. Traditional chroma key fabric absorbs light where Chromatte is reflective, efficiently using its light source to give a bright and even background.
Saves approximately 1KW of light for every 7 ft of conventional background fabric or painted walls.
- The collapsible inner frame can withstand long term use and is of the highest quality construction.
- Manufactured by Lastolite
- ChromaFlex is manufactured for Reflecmedia by Lastolite Limited - one of the world's leading producers of collapsible screens for the video and photographic industries.