The Horseman 135mm f/5.6 Apo-Sironar-S Lens is a Rodenstock 135mm Apo-Sironar-S with a standard Copal #0 shutter, but built into a Horseman-specific helical focusing mount and barrel assembly made to fit upon their SW612/SW612 Professional medium format cameras. Used with a 6x12 film back, this lens produces a 45° x 23° field of view, with a normal perspective and plenty of shift capacity when used upon the 612 Professional.
The Sironar-S stands head & shoulders above the rest of the tried and true 6-element/4-group large format lenses thanks to its ED glass. This lens can be used with exceptional sharpness even at apertures which are far from ideal in the world of large format. While you might be bitterly disappointed with a skillfully-crafted effort at f/11.0 with another "normal" 6-element/4-group lens, the Sironar-S will still impress. This makes it perhaps the most practical lens for handheld use with the Horseman 612.
- A Rodenstock 135mm f/5.6 with standard Copal #0 shutter, built into Horseman-specific helical focusing mount/barrel assembly
- Exclusively made to fit SW612/SW612 Professional medium format cameras
- ED Glass provides no visible color fringing, even at the edges
- Produces a 45° x 23° field of view when used with 6x12 film back
- Extremely fine resolving power when stopped down to between f/11-16
- Uses small 49mm filters