The 228 from Aphex, is an eight-channel, unidirectional, unbalanced to balanced line level converter. The unit is perfectly suited to both studio and live environments, especially with the gaining popularity of multi-channel sound, where there is the need to connect "consumer/semi pro" equipment within high-end audio installations.
To maintain audio source integrity, the 228 pairs ground loop isolating unbalanced inputs, with high-voltage impedance balanced outputs. Extensive monitoring of the signal flow is provided by front panel VU meters that indicate audio presence/level, and clip overload, on a per channel basis.
Individual levels can also be finely adjusted using dedicated front-panel trim pots, for settings anywhere between reference level and unity gain. For theatre applications, the front lights can be dimmed as desired.
- Eight channel unbalanced to balanced line level converter for broadcast, recording and film sound applications as well as in a home theatre, installed and mobile sound, DAW input and mastering
- Eight RCA inputs wired through to eight XLR outputs
- Signal Presence/Clip indicators on each channel, and an extended output LED meter
- Gain trims on every channel
- 12dB attenuation range per channel, useful for unity gain applications
- Impedance balanced outputs with low noise
- Front panel dimming option
- Calibration CD included