The Toft Audio Designs EC-1 is a single channel microphone/instrument/line level amplifier, F.E.T compressor, and a musical four band EQ that was designed by Malcolm Toft, a recording engineer and designer of the famous Trident and MTA recording consoles. The idea behind the EC-1 was to make a console-style channel strip within reach of any recording enthusiast.
The high-quality microphone amplifier on the EC-1 is the same design used in Toft Audio's acclaimed recording consoles. The compressor and EQ sections (which borrow heavily from the vintage Trident designs) can be turned on and off as needed. The EC-1 can be inserted into a channel for further processing during mixing, especially for the use of EQ and compression.
- Same EQ Section That Was Used on Radiohead's OK Computer
- The four band EQ in the EC-1 is identical to the one found in the MTA Series 980 console used on Radiohead's OK Computer.
- Vintage Trident and MTA Sound in a Modern Channel Strip
- With its small form factor and affordable price, the EC-1 was designed to bring the famous Trident compressor into modern studios of all sizes.
- High-Quality Design and Construction
- 1/4" thick front panel with a space saving 1U design
- Loaded with Useful Recording Features
- Instrument input on the front panel
- Selectable 48 volts of phantom power
- Phase reverse
- Compressor and EQ sections can be turned on and off
- VU metering