The Dorrough 12-A Analog Loudness Meter +14dB is a dual version of the single-channel Dorrough 10-A loudness monitor. The mechanism provides access phase correlation, peak hold, sum/diff, and reference mode allowing 0 reference setting to .1dB accuracy, directly or with the optional remote control.
It has a built-in power cord. Rack mounting is required. Dorrough rack adapters for the model 12-A are available with cutouts for either single or double meters. Both are 2RU high and 19" wide.
- Actual Energy Display
- Dorrough Loudness Meters display actual energy content of the program material, regardless of frequency, while still indicating the peak amplitude of the complex audio signal. This feature allows all program material to be adjusted for equal perceived loudness while protecting the peak of the waveform.
- Dual Meters
- With these easy to read monitors you can view two channels or projects simultaneously, side-by-side. They are made to install easily to a custom console or with optional rack mounts. Dorrough rack adapters for the model 12-A are available with cutouts for either single or double meters. Both are 2RU high and 19" wide.
- Peak and Average Level Metering
- The 10-A, like all Dorrough loudness meters, simultaneously displays peak and average. The relative difference, in dB, between these two ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left In puts for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup causing a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.