The Dorrough 280-CE Analog Loudness Meter +37dB offers a dual-channel horizontal linear display with 37dB of headroom, and an external power supply. This model is designed for console mounting, rackmounting, or custom installations. It is built with XLR, DIP switch assignments, and mini DIN pin out. A wired remote control option is also available.
The 280 series is made for situations where many channels must be monitored in limited space, such as a mobile news van or crowded control room.
- Straight Line Display
- The 280 Series is functionally identical to the 40 series, except that the 280s have a straight-line scale designed for applications with limited vertical space. These easy-to-read meters are made to install easily in a custom console or in a rack with optional rack mounts.
- Dual Channel Meter
- These meters are ideal for situations where many channels must be monitored in limited space, such as a mobile news-van or crowded control room. The close, side-by-side positioning of the two monitored channels facilitates critical comparisons.
- Peak and Average Metering
- The 280-B, like all Dorrough loudness meters, simultaneously displays peak and average, in this model, straight-line scale display to +37dB. The relative difference, in dB, between Peak and Average ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that causes a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.