The Dorrough 280-DE Digital Double Scale Loudness Meter -57dB 32-96k is a two channel digital loudness meter in AES/EBU linear style, designed for insertion directly into the digital data-stream. It has a dual-channel, horizontal linear display, with -57dB headroom, and an external power supply. This model is designed for console mounting, rackmounting, or custom installations. It is built with XLR, DIP switch assignments, and mini DIN pin out. A mating connector is supplied, prewired to the power pack, also supplied. Wired remote control option is also available.
- Straight Line Display
- The 280 Series is functionally identical to the 40 series, except the 280s have a straight line scale designed for applications with limited horizontal space. These easy to read meters are made to install easily to custom console or with optional rack mounts.
- Dual Channel Meter
- These meters are ideal for situations where many channels must be monitored in limited space, such as a mobile news-van or crowded control room. The close, side-by-side positioning of the two monitored channels facilitates critical comparisons.
- Peak and Average Metering
- The Dorrough 280 digital meters feature both peak and average level display simultaneously, over indication, and selectable peak hold. They conform to all AES 3 (1992) specifications, and are compatible to 96ks.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup causing a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.