Meade now produces three 114mm Newtonian reflectors to whet your appetite for astronomy. The 114EQ-A and 114EQ-AST both come with a German-type equatorial mount, which makes it easy to continually track stars and other celestial bodies. While they have an identical aperture and thus the same light-gathering capacity, the 114EQ-AST is the smaller of the two and can operate in smaller spaces. It is a bit easier to use for a novice, and offers enough of an aperture to begin sighting deep space objects.
- Meade's MA 9 mm Kellner eyepiece offers 101x magnification
- Meade's MA 25 mm Kellner eyepiece offers 36x magnification
- Eyepiece usually remains in a comfortable position to view from
- Full sized tripod
- Included 5x24 finderscope
- Included PC-compatible software package to get you started
- Tripod accessory tray