The Premier LX series is Nikon's ultimate roof prism binocular series, and they've redesigned the housings of the entire lineup to shave substantial amounts of weight from the previous generation. The optics of the Premier LX have been so universally applauded that Nikon did not feel that they needed to be improved upon, and beyond the limitations of a budget the only complaint by users of these fabulous binoculars had been their high weight. The new 32mm versions are not quite as light as some of the other binoculars in this supreme price class, but many will prefer their handling and balance characteristics enough to make that concession.
With every facet of manufacturing done with the sole criteria being optical quality rather than a pricepoint mindset, the Premier LX binoculars are as bright as roof prism binoculars could possibly be. Comparisons to less strenuously coated models with identical magnification and objective specifications is simply stunning. With sleek contours, buttery focusing and a chiseled housing built for abuse, it is hard to find any fault with the 32mm Premier LX models.
Nikon's binocular line is backed up by the "No-Fault" lifetime warranty. Regardless of what happens to your binoculars-even of your own negligence-Nikon will repair or replace (at their option) your binocular for just $10 plus the return shipping costs.
- Multicoatings upon every air-to-glass surface
- Magnesium alloy construction for lightweight rigidity
- High-index phase coated BaK-4 roof prisms with silver mirror coatings
- Redesigned twist-lock eyecups with detented stops
- An impressive combination of eye relief and field of view
- Lead/arsenic free Eco-Glass employed in manufacturing
- Improved rubber armoring provides a more tactile feel
- 56-72mm Interpupillary adjustment range