The 8x20 Premier LX L Binocular from Nikon is a pocket-sized set of glasses and feature a weather-sealed magnesium-alloy housing and an Eco-Glass optical path that contains neither lead nor arsenic. Phase-corrected roof prisms finished with a highly reflective silver coating allow the Premier binocular to preserve sharpness and color fidelity without sacrificing brightness.
The magnesium-alloy housing is nitrogen-filled for fogproof performance and wrapped in a textured rubber armoring that provides a slip-resistant grip. A dual-hinge configuration allows the footprint of the binocular to be further reduced for storage in the side pocket of a day pack or even a cargo pocket.
Complementing its image quality and compact footprint, the 8x20 Premier LX L displays a 50.8° apparent viewing angle and is capable of focusing as close as 8 ft, making this binocular suitable for almost any viewing task. Turn-and-Slide eyecups with multiple click-stop positions and a 15mm eye relief can provide a comfortable viewing distance for almost any viewer—with or without eyeglasses.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective lenses: 20mm diameter
- Apparent viewing angle: 50.8°
- Close focus distance: 7.8 ft
- Eco-Glass: Lead and arsenic-free optics
- Phase-correcting prism coating preserves sharpness and clarity
- Highly-reflective silver coated prisms maximize brightness a
- Anti-reflective multicoating reduces glare and improves contrast
- 15mm eye relief provides comfortable viewing distance
- Use and Handling
- Twist-up eyecups with multiple click-stop positions
- Dual-hinge bridge enables barrels to fold under for reduced footprint
- Construction Details
- Magnesium-alloy housing with slip-resistant rubber armoring
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Waterproof depth: 3.3 ft
- Weight: 9.5 oz