The DI1 from Alto is a single channel, active direct box that covers several basic functions. It can convert a high impedance signal to low impedance, convert a "hot" instrument or line level (and sometimes even speaker level) signal to a microphone level signal suitable for connection to the microphone input of a mixing console, and prevent hum and noise pick up by the use of transformer decoupling.
Housed in a rugged metal enclosure, the direct box is powered via standard phantom power, or by a standard 9V battery. The unit is equally suitable for use on stage or in a studio environment.
- Professional, multi-functional DI box converts unbalanced input into balanced output for live and studio applications
- Battery or phantom powered with power LED indicator
- Internal battery automatically gets decoupled when using phantom power
- Switchable dual input attenuators to achieve up to 40dB of attenuation
- Phase and hi-cut (8kHz) switches to further aid noise reduction
- Special transformer decoupling helps to avoid hum and noise pick-up
- Phase problems instantly corrected through phase inversion switch
- Ground loop problems eliminated via ground lift switch
- Gold plated XLR connectors and phone jacks for input and link output
- Rugged metal housing with tough rubber corners for protection