The Whirlwind MD-1 is a portable single channel microphone preamplifier with provisions for line level input and headphone output. The MD-1 features the studio-grade preamplifier found in the Whirlwind MIX-6 mixer. The front panel features a pad and level control that adjust for various mic and line level sources, providing up to 60dB of gain.
A 1/4" phone line level input is also available and enables line signal to be looped-thru and monitored via the 1/4" phone headphone output. The MD-1 provides +18V phantom power to condenser microphones. Two 9-volt batteries power the MD-1 and are housed in convenient slide-out trays for easy replacement. Whether amplifying boom pole mounted shotgun microphones, parabolic microphones or functioning as a headphone tap, the rugged yet light weight MD-1 is designed to withstand the demands of the professional field audio engineer.
- Studio Grade Preamplifier
- Featuring the same preamplifier circuit found in the Whirlwind Mix-6, the MD-1 is designed to provide a pristine low-noise, studio-grade audio signal on output.
- Line Level Input
- In additional to a 3-pin XLR microphone input, the MD-1 also features a 1/4" phone line level input, allowing the signal to loop-thru and be monitored via the headphone output.
- Headphone Output
- A 1/4" phone headphone output with level control is provided. The output enables monitoring of microphone level and line level input sources.
- Input Level and Pad Control
- The front panel features input level and pad switch controls. The controls adjust input gain and allow integration with most microphone and line level sourced without significant gain loss or signal overload.
- Phantom Power
- The MD-1 provides +18V phantom power to condenser microphones.
- Portable and Battery Powered
- The MD-1 is designed for the field audio engineer and is powered with 2 9-volt alkaline batteries.