With the introduction of Sony's HDR-FX1, the first HDV 1080i camcorder and the benchmark in video technology available for consumers and prosumers alike, users now have the capability to record and play back high definition video. With 1080 interlaced lines of resolution - the highest resolution (1440 pixels x 1080 lines) of any prosumer camcorder.
Utilizes the 1080 lines horizontal resolution / 60 interlaced frames per second frame rate for the HDV specification, which records to standard MiniDV tapes.
Incorporates three chip, one megapixel Super HAD CCDs. The 1080i HD CCDs have several improvements, including an on-chip micro-lens on top of the CCD sensor that increases the light focusing rate for focusing on the fly. There is also a great developed 16:9 aspect mode for recording in widescreen. By giving each lens its own megapixel imager, the camcorder captures the intense detail and color that expert videographers appreciate.
- Real Time HD Codec Engine
- File compression maintains trueness of images Sony's Real Time HD Codec Engine lets you record and playback HD images. This remarkably small and energy efficient technology uses MPEG2 compression technology to handle HD images at the same bit rate as the DV format, all while maintaining image quality. The Real Time HD Codec Engine provides you versatility in format handling and truer images for increased viewing pleasure.
- HDV 1080i Compatible Camcorder
- Allows you to capture HD video in a broad range of styles, for an exceptional level of creativity in your shots. The features provide the control that you would expect of a professional grade camcorder, opening up a whole realm of possibilities.
- HDV/DV Switching System
- Record and playback in both formats, with this camcorder you can record and playback in HDV 1080i and the original DV format as well. So now you can enjoy HDV and DV recording in one camera.
- Wide Super HAD 3CCD
Advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD functionality greatly improves the performance of the camcorder. With this technology comes an on-chip micro-lens, on top of the CCD sensor that increases the light focusing rate.
More defined digital HD images are achieved through a 3CCD Camera System which separates light that enters the lens into the 3 primary colors of red, green and blue. Sony has also included Semi-conductor technology with a great developed 16:9 aspect ratio, and 1.12M total pixels; all of which work to increase the feel of your footage.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- With the advanced multi-layer optical coating system, the Vario-Sonnar T* lens improves the contrast and color of your footage greatly. The lens reduces the Ghosting effect and flair by up to 80%, and lets more light through for much sharper images.
- Better Viewing and More Control
- Combines the right balance of manual and automatic controls to help you use the functions of your camcorder to their best. You have the best of both worlds; automatic control function for moments when you want to capture a simple shot, and full control functions for when you need to manually adjust camera controls to achieve a unique effect.
- 3.5" Hybrid LCD
- You can use the monitor to check wide-angle shots in digital HD. Because it is a hybrid system, you can still see the LCD monitor outside even on the brightest and most sunny days. With 250,000 pixels. Even more, it is located above and in front of the handle, which has it placed on the same eye-level as the viewfinder for even greater ease.
- Cinematic Features
- Cinematic features alter the visual characteristics of the footage by configuring how the camera responds to lighting, changes in focus, and the rate at which frames are displayed. The cinematic features include pre-programmed recording settings so that quality footage can be captured in a variety of environments.
- CineFrame Recording
- Provides the option of recording video at either 30 fps or with a feeling of film-like 24 fps (frames per second).
- Shot Transition
- Allows for a smooth automatic scene transition. Settings for focus, zoom, iris, gain, shutter, and white balance can be set to the A/B button and a smooth transition will take place according to the set time. This function enables the focus to gradually shift from the front of the screen to a deeper part of the screen.
- Expanded Focus Indicator
- The camera's LCD image is magnified, temporarily, up to 4x its original size without any loss of distortion. This allows the user more finite control while focusing the camera for greater detail and clarity.
- Large Eye Viewfinder
- A LCD panel is utilized in the Eye viewfinder to allow wide-angle digital HD shots to be viewed. Additionally, with the size of the eyepiece increased, you can see images even while wearing glasses - further light-excluding ability and visual abilities can be achieved with a large eyecup accessory. Again, with 250,000 pixels of resolution, you can view the fine details of your video subjects.