The Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 EF-S (USM) lens is a standard zoom lens that features the smaller size image circle, exclusively designed for EOS Digital Rebel or 20D SLR (or newer models) cameras. The focal length is equivalent to approx. 28-90mm in 35mm format. It is compact and ultra-lightweight with impressive close-focusing ability of 0.9 ft (0.28m).
Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
Note! Only fits on the EOS Digital Rebel or 20D, 30D & 40D SLR (or newer model) cameras
- Uses optics designed to take full advantage of the small image circle and short back focus in EF-S lenses
- Optimized lens coating minimizing flare and ghosting prone occurring with digital cameras
- Includes 1 Aspherical lens element
- USM provides quiet, super-fast, precision auto focusing and predictive tracking
- Circular aperture diaphragm produces a more attractive appearance to out-of-focus background areas in photos shot using the widest apertures