The Audio-Technica AT898 lavalier microphone is designed to be mounted on, or hidden underneath clothing. Its slim low-profile design is ideal for broadcast and theatrical applications. The tailored frequency response accentuates the frequency response of vocals while minimizing low frequency noise. A low-frequency roll-off switch further minimizes noise due to hum, ambiance and proximity effect. The AT898 features a condenser element with a cardioid polar pattern. The cardioid pattern is effective in minimizing noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone capsule.
- Low Profile Design
- The slim, miniature profile of the AT898 is ideal for broadcast, video and performance applications.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise and off-axis audio that can cause feedback.
- Tailored Frequency Response
- The tailored frequency response minimizes low-frequency noise while accentuating the frequency range of vocals.
- Low Frequency Roll-Off
- A low frequency roll-off switch minimizes noise and low frequency audio caused by ambiance, proximity effect, etc.